Art Berg Fund Grant
Congratulations to the 2023 Art Berg Fund Grant Recipient - Fourthwall Youth Studios!
Interested in Applying Next Year? Look for applications to open in Q1 2024!
Each year, one $5,000 grant is awarded to a 501(c)3 organization needing financial assistance in developing and/or deploying a technology-related project that will enhance communication for the benefit of the clients they serve. To be eligible,
- An NSA member must submit the grant application on the organization's behalf.
- The NSA member must demonstrate their active involvement in the organization (board member, standing committee chair/member, and/or regular volunteer.
- The organization must be recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3.
For more information, contact NSAFCares@NSAFoundation.org.
About the Art Berg Fund Grant
The National Speakers Association (NSA) Foundation serves members and the public through various scholarships and grants. One such grant, named in honor of the late Art Berg—world-class wheelchair athlete and motivational speaker—was created to assist NSA members of a 501(c)(3) organization with funding technology-related projects that enhance communication.
Each year, one grant is awarded in the amount of $5,000. Examples of eligible projects include:
- Creating and distributing free audio packages to the blind.
- Providing software and/or hardware to after-school programs.
- Developing a wireless project to connect at-risk children and/or their parents to 911 hotlines.
- Establishing educational programs in sign language to parents/siblings of deaf children.
- Funding research to identify ways volunteers can use technology to assist the elderly demographic.
|Art Berg Fund Grant Recipients|
|2023 - Fourthwall Youth Studios||2014 - The Coach Initiative, Inc.|
|2022 - Empower Mali||2013- Together We Can Change the World|
|2021 - Johnny's Ambassadors||2012 - ShareTheCaregiving™, Inc.|
|2020- SPARK, Eastern Tennessee Technology Access Center||2011 - Second Wind Dreams ®|
|2019- Global Service Initiative, Delta Upsilon Fraternity||2010 - Impact on Education|
|2018- Summer Santa, Inc.||2009 - Metrocrest Social Services|
|2017- Empowering Lives and Building Foundations||2008 - Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic|
|2016- The Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor||2007 - Royce Arbour, Inc. – Hands-on Help for Management|
|2015- The Kugler Education Fund at South Africa Partners||2006 - Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor|
|2005 - American Immigration Law Foundation|
“The support of NSA’s Art Berg Fund Grant will bring enormous benefits to the children and families of A.V. Bukani Primary School in a rural South African township. Now, the entire community will have greater access to books, something the wonderful people of this community so richly deserve.”
—Eileen Kugler, Trustee of The Kugler Education Fund at South Africa Partners