Art Berg Fund Grant
The 2023 Application Submission Deadline Has Been Extended
Each year, one $5,000 grant is awarded to a 501(c)3 organization needing financial assistance in developing and/or deploying a technology-related project that will enhance communication for the benefit of the clients they serve. To be eligible,
- An NSA member must submit the grant application on the organization's behalf.
- The NSA member must demonstrate their active involvement in the organization (board member, standing committee chair/member, and/or regular volunteer.
- The organization must be recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3.
- Online applications due: EXTENDED DEADLINE Monday, May 22, 2023
- Any supporting materials due: EXTENDED DEADLINE Monday, May 29, 2023
For more information, contact NSAFCares@NSAFoundation.org.
About the Art Berg Fund Grant
The National Speakers Association (NSA) Foundation serves members and the public through various scholarships and grants. One such grant, named in honor of the late Art Berg—world-class wheelchair athlete and motivational speaker—was created to assist NSA members of a 501(c)(3) organization with funding technology-related projects that enhance communication.
Each year, one grant is awarded in the amount of $5,000. Examples of eligible projects include:
- Creating and distributing free audio packages to the blind.
- Providing software and/or hardware to after-school programs.
- Developing a wireless project to connect at-risk children and/or their parents to 911 hotlines.
- Establishing educational programs in sign language to parents/siblings of deaf children.
- Funding research to identify ways volunteers can use technology to assist the elderly demographic.
Congratulations to the 2022 Art Berg Fund Grant recipient, Empower Mali!
|Art Berg Fund Grant Recipients|
|2022 - Empower Mali|
|2021 - Johnny's Ambassadors||2013- Together We Can Change the World|
|2020 - SPARK, Eastern Tennessee Technology Access Center||2012 - ShareTheCaregiving™, Inc.|
|2019 - Global Service Initiative, Delta Upsilon Fraternity||2011 - Second Wind Dreams ®|
|2018 - Summer Santa, Inc.||2010 - Impact on Education|
|2017 - Empowering Lives and Building Foundations||2009 - Metrocrest Social Services|
|2016 - The Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor||2008 - Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic|
|2015 - The Kugler Education Fund at South Africa Partners||2007 - Royce Arbour, Inc. – Hands-on Help for Management|
|2014 - The Coach Initiative, Inc.||2006 - Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor|
|2013 - Together We Can Change the World||2005 - American Immigration Law Foundation|
“The support of NSA’s Art Berg Fund Grant will bring enormous benefits to the children and families of A.V. Bukani Primary School in a rural South African township. Now, the entire community will have greater access to books, something the wonderful people of this community so richly deserve.”
—Eileen Kugler, Trustee of The Kugler Education Fund at South Africa Partners